Tuesday, April 5, 2011

CFFB:

Strength: Deadlift - Up to 5RM Max
5 x 135
5 x 135
5 x 225
5 x 275
5 x 315
5 x 355
5 x 370 (5RM PR)

Then: 5 x 300m shuttles (6 x 50m lengths)

Practice:
Defensive Alignment Drills, 4 x 70m suicides

- Upon completing the 5 x 370, I was for the first time confident that a 400# DL is within my reach soon, which is a great feeling. Huge thanks to Gino on advising longer rest periods between heavy sets, it really made a big difference. Fresh wind is nice, but there is also a big confidence booster in re-approaching the bar with authority.
- The shuttles were absolutely brutal, especially given reduced rest time to make it more similar to rugby. The last one was without a doubt the slowest. Having the suicides snuck in at the end of practice was a real groaner for me, but it will be worth it on the pitch.

- Not 100% sure I beat Newport today, but I am fully certain none of those beach dwelling mimosa swilling hippies beat me today. Looking forward to the rest day tomorrow.

BNQ: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment